OnTarget Consulting Services, LLC
PM Corner (Blog)
PM Corner (Blog)
|Posted by James Truesdale on March 22, 2020 at 12:30 AM|
I have been an avid reader most of my life and thoroughly enjoy a good book whch I define as one that holds my attention for at least the first 20 pages. However, given the demands of my personal and buisness affairs, I have found it very diffiult to find blocks of time to read. So, I decided at the conclusion of 2018 that I would not let another year go by without reaching my book reading goal. So, in 2019, I reached my 50 book goal via the use of Audible. Hence, I am proud to present the "Twenty Take-aways from 50 Audible Encounters in 2019".
- What you don’t know can hurt you. History repeats itself.
- The human species is incredible, unpredictable and feeble.
- You can have the life you want if you are willing to give up the life you have.
- What you believe in and what is true are equally important.
- Humans are very creative and equally destructive.
- Most people live lives of quiet desperation.
- Wealth of any kind begins with creativity. You can learn creativity.
- There is no such thing as natural born talent. Those with the proclivity to do a thing well have worked harder than others at that thing.
- Many of your so-called competitors just look the part.
- Everyone is unique but not as unique as he or she might think.
- Most people are afraid of who they are because they will have to be accountable for who they have become.
- Many of the superstars had no real competition and many of their memorable accomplishments were achieved after massive failures.
- There has never been a level playing field. The field is controlled by the one with the lever.
- Life is really, really, really short. Hence, many of life's so-called events are petty annoyances.
- The concept of race is a work of fiction. There is only one race, the human race.
- Most truths were once figments of someone’s imagination. And, the origin of many of today's beliefs were not founded in truth.
- Fundamentally we are all aspiring to the same things. And, surprisingly to some, those things are not life, liberty nor the pursuit of happiness.
- You have only about 3-5 true friends, the ride or die type.
- We are constantly seeking sexual expression.
- Everyone has an opinion. No one is on the fence. Those on the fence are usually cowards.
Copyright. OnTarget Consulting Services, LLC. 1999 - 2020. All Rights Reserved.